Eheim 1260 or 1250 for 54g corner tank

Pammy

Non-member
Hey all of you pros out there... Would you recommend the Eheim 1260 or 1250 for a return pump on a 54g corner tank? 1260 would be a bit more pumping power than 10 times the amount of water in my tank.... and a 1250 would be about 6 times. Not a huge difference in price. About $70 vs $120.
What would be the reason one would be better than the other? (1260 too much power for 54g and noisier because of that? Or is the more turnover power the better?)

Thanks.
Pam

eheim are the most quiet pumps around....low power consumption too. It depends on what you are going to keep in the tank. I would go with the larger one

Hey all of you pros out there... Would you recommend the Eheim 1260 or 1250 for a return pump on a 54g corner tank? 1260 would be a bit more pumping power than 10 times the amount of water in my tank.... and a 1250 would be about 6 times. Not a huge difference in price. About $70 vs $120.
What would be the reason one would be better than the other? (1260 too much power for 54g and noisier because of that? Or is the more turnover power the better?)

Thanks.
Pam

I had a 1250 for my 75.. it did o.k but I changed it out with a quietone pump... alot better and the quietone takes standard size fittings not mm size.

Although eveyone has personal preference I would reccomend going with the Eheim over other brands if you are going to be using internal. Although a bit more pricy the Eheim's are second to none when it comes to reliability. If it were me I would probably go with the 1260 but as mentioned above it also depends what you will be keeping as to the amount of flow that you will want in the tank.

eheim are the most quiet pumps around....low power consumption too. It depends on what you are going to keep in the tank. I would go with the larger one

I have to disagree here. Eheim IS quiet, but they certainly are not low on the power consumption. If you want energy efficient, AND quiet, look at the ocean runner pumps. The Eheims are electricity hogs compared to them.

Back