Emerald crab loves anemone / frogspawn

Jschnitz

Non-member
http://imgur.com/Olej2Df

So I keep finding my emerald like this, either up in the frogspawn or backed up against my RBTA...such a weird crab. He doesn't seem to be picking at anything, it just looks like he enjoys being next to the bubbly ends.

One emerald I had liked to ride on the top of my orange tree sponge. Was funny to watch.

had some frogspawn go missing on me a while back. would not have believed it if I didn`t see it with my own eyes, an emerald crab reached out his claws and picked the frogspawn right out of its head and pre ceeded to eat it. BASTARD!!

Be Careful!

Haha, weird. My emeralds do get pretty excited when they sense food...they grab, snails, rock..sometimes try to grab fish. They just get so violent when on the prowl for food. Hopefully mine stick to the pellets/algae I give them.

Caught mine today hopefully picking around some of my zoas and not eating them. Had to leave before i could figure it out so guess I will find out tomorrow. I have also seen him hanging off my acro like king Kong and the empire state building. If I get close to the glass when he is on the acro he extends an open claw like that will fend me off. Definitely one of my tank inhabitants with a lot of personality.

Back