Favorite Clowns?

NateHanson

Non-member
What's your favorite species of clownfish?

I'm interested in low aggression, interesting appearance, and personality. (probably in that order)

Nate

I love my false percs - they aren't the least bit aggressive. They just hang out in their RBTA together. When the RBTA is digesting, they come out and bob around the tank. They are really cute. I think the best thing about them is that they are peaceful fish - I read so many stories about clowns biting the hand that feeds them - not mine.

I love my false percs too. They have not been aggresive to any of the other fish, and they are fun to watch swimming around. Some day I need to get an anenome for them to host in.

My kids love them because they look just like Nemo. My 2 year old just points at the smaller one and says "lucky pin (he means fin, but he has trouble with the f's)"

So if you can pick up some false percs and a 2 year old, you should be all set :)

I dont have any experience with any other clowns, so I can't give any comparison

-Brian

True percs here, Nate. Cute little guys, great color, and good personality. Eat like pigs, too. I got a mated pair from AquaDreams and they stay together 24/7 and aren't aggressive at all.

:D Best clowns evah!

Attachments

• ClownGroup.jpg
    ClownGroup.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 204
Jill & Brian said:
So if you can pick up some false percs and a 2 year old, you should be all set :)

Funny you should say that. :p

I have a pair of the former, and one of the latter. :D

I'm very happy with the 2-year-old, but I'm a little bored with the ocellaris clowns. They just bob around one side of the tank all the time. They have for about 18 months. I had a BTA with them for about 6 months, and they never even looked at it. I like that they're well paired, and not aggressive, but jeez, they're about as dull as a round rock.

Maybe I just needed to introduce them to an anemone sooner. I love the behaviors I've seen other clowns exhibit with their anemones, but mine are a bit devoid of character.

I have had a love-hate relationship with my Maroon lol. (For 8 years!) It hates when my hand is in the tank, and loves me when its feeding time. I swear I am going to sell it or worse when it bites me, but I have had it so long it would be hard to get rid of.

Intersting behaviors towards tankmates and things on the other side of the glass.

Joe

Nate, you could try the confinement trick with the anemone. I think the tank raised often don't host until they are a little older and start thinking about puberty. I stuck my female in a smaller area with the bta and she started hosting (first time she hosted anything) now that she is out, she hosts the orange cap, but hasn't found the bta again yet.
It's worth a try. I have the mesh cage if you want to borrow it.

NateHanson said:
Jango, do you have pink skunks? Do they host? In what? Not aggressive towards you or other fish?
My pink skunks are no more. They don't need a host. They were never aggressive...

but I have an orange skunk that is a mean little bastard and they are supposed to be very tame. He host's my wellso and eat's hair algae.. :D he is also a fish killer 3 of my last 4 fish have died due to a one inch orange skunk...I also watched him bite a chunk out of my maze brain last night....
I will never put a clown in one of my tank's again. When I break down the 20l he will be sacraficed....n/k

Back