Favorite Clowns?

The pink not the orange, but I posted that because the orange are supposed to be tame. They are just like people some are just dicks....

Nate clown's are in the same boat as tang's for me I don't recommend them to anyone...If I don't like em I don't recommend them...

Nate, I love my true perc (onyx?) pair. They're not mated pair yet. Someday I hope. But they add bright color to my tank, eat like a pig, greet anybody that comes to see the tank, and they feed from my hand.
Here's a pic of them
clown.JPG

Great picture! :) Those are nice looking clowns.

Are they hosting in anything? Do you know if they're tank raised?

Thanks. I was told the larger one is wild caught, but I'm not sure about the smaller one.
I don't have anemone in that tank. They don't really host anything right now, but they sleep on my frogspawn :rolleyes: You can see black spots on the smaller one from getting stung.
I want to put a toadstool for them to host (at least toadstool is not moving around stinging my SPS), but right now I don't have space for it.

i'm pretty sure both of them are wild caught. most tank-raised true perculas don't look that perfect :) but usually have some form of misbar. nate, i suggest a pair like that. i mean, how can you turn those down? mine also eat straight from my hand and are very active and not the least bit aggressive.

Just since no one has said much about it, I would just add that if your trying to pair up clowns in your tank it's a whole lot easier with Percs than maroons.

I have a pair of each (actually the perc's just became a pair yesterday). I like the look of the Percs but I actually like the fiesty personality of the Maroons (just wear boxing gloves when you put your hands in the tank).

I just picked up a pair of red saddlebacks from AquaAddicts yesterday.
I think they're very nice looking, and I haven't seen them in anyone's tank...I like that. Here's the male. Sorry for crappy pics, I was rushing to beat lights out.

Attachments

• 2003_0315redsaddleback0021 (Custom).JPG
    2003_0315redsaddleback0021 (Custom).JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 159
nate i have a osc. in my work tank and he has great personality. he comes to the front to see me everytime and he actually paired up with my watchmen goby lol. but i dont think ill be seeing any babys from that pair lol. but they would look pretty funny.
<------ see avitar

chris

She just wouldn't leave her anenome, I picked the rbta up at the same time as the clowns. She went to it immeadiatly.

Attachments

• 2003_0315redsaddleback0009 (Custom).JPG
    2003_0315redsaddleback0009 (Custom).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 153
Nice One Eye! I like those. I was eyeing them on that RC forum that has pictures of all the different clowns. I'd like something different looking, but I wasn't sure which of the different looking clowns were generally friendly. Keep me posted on how your pair get along with others in the tank, and with your knuckles. :)

Nate

I agree with the false percs...i love mine.

starrfish said:
I love my false percs - they aren't the least bit aggressive. They just hang out in their RBTA together. When the RBTA is digesting, they come out and bob around the tank. They are really cute. I think the best thing about them is that they are peaceful fish - I read so many stories about clowns biting the hand that feeds them - not mine.

I have false percs too and they host in my RBTA. I had marrons but i got rid of them as they were getting aggressive.

i don't understand why so many problems with marrons. My pair of gold bar maroons are sweethearts:

Attachments

• maroon.jpg
    maroon.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 139
Back