Favorite online fish dealer?

jmunoz27

BRS Member
I always have a hard time deciding where to order online fish and given the price of some of our reef inhabitants it makes it an even bigger choice. Wondering if I could get any recommendations from the community on where they like to order livestock online?

Dr reefs quarantined fish and ny aquatic are places I’ve had good experiences with in the past. Harry’s Marie life also has good live sales on FB if that’s your thing. However, nothing beats supporting the local reef shops and getting to checkout the health of fish in person. If there’s specific fish you’re looking for most shops are more than willing to take special order requests too!

Dr reefs quarantined fish and ny aquatic are places I’ve had good experiences with in the past. Harry’s Marie life also has good live sales on FB if that’s your thing. However, nothing beats supporting the local reef shops and getting to checkout the health of fish in person. If there’s specific fish you’re looking for most shops are more than willing to take special order requests too!
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

I agree. I have to say for quarantined fish Dr. Reef has an amazing selection. They also have really good customer service. UPS damaged one of my shipments in the facility, and Dr. reef sent a replacement the next day.

I like to by quarantined fish locally from @Blue Light Aquatics, but I go to Dr. Reef for things he doesn’t have.

Dr reef here as well and that’s mostly because he QTs. Would buy local if I was QT’ing myself but Dr Reef is the shortcut for me.
Placed an order with Dr Reef myself and am highly excited. Have ordered from TSM in the past with great results as well.

Sounds like Dr Reef is definitely worth it! I usually like to buy local as well but I cannot quarantine in my current setup. Thanks for all the replies!

I never considered Quarantined fish until about a year ago, I only had Ich once but since I only buy from Dr Reef. He's a little more money and takes a while but worth it for me.

Yes-arrived in great shape. Started eating clams within 2 days and now eats frozen as well. Loves nori too--go figure!
The website recommends blood worms, did you try those too or just clams? Did you go right into DT? How long have you had the fish? Thanks

The website recommends blood worms, did you try those too or just clams? Did you go right into DT? How long have you had the fish? Thanks
Couldn't find bloodworms, so froze some local clams and then split open and put in tank. Fish went right into DT. I've had him about 5 months now. Great addition to the tank.

Couldn't find bloodworms, so froze some local clams and then split open and put in tank. Fish went right into DT. I've had him about 5 months now. Great addition to the tank.
Thanks for the information, my Aptasia is getting out of hand. I have some frozen clams and frozen blood worms.

I wanted to say how happy I was with my order from Dr reef. The Anthias were a bit small but I got 3 instead of 2. But my the biggest was the CBB I got!! It was on the smaller side but super healthy. One of my tangs got a little aggressive towards it and I had to figure some things out but the fish is doing great now.

AND BEST OF ALL IT IS SMASHING THOSE FING APITASIA!!! haha

Back