feather starfish? are they really hard to keep

rnyce

Non-member
Hi Guys,
i saw a really cool starfish at tropic isle the other night. I thought it was a plant? but they told me its a (crinoid) feather starfish. Doing more homework on it they are extremely hard to keep. Any one have any luck with it? Do you think it would be a bad idea to put in a 8 month old reef tank?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTwgjSoAklo&feature=related (looks really cool)

Ive seen them at Sea Creatures a few times but decided to pass because of how hard they are to keep for an extended period of time. I have better things to waste my money on than something that will croak after a month. Thats my take...I would pass but its your call.

sounds like your only in to reefing for a short time. it is really cool but id wait for the hard stuff till you get a handle on reef keeping. i might be wrong but your tanks only 8 month old so thats what im baseing that on

no prob, safe assumption from post; Ive had a reef for about 10 years but it was a 75 :) my 125 is about 8 months now. My kids wiped out my 75 in about a day. But i think im going to stay away from this star fish until my tank is better established.
thanks

Back