Fight Cancellation - Mr. and Mrs. Clown are stuck at the airport in Jacksonville

dakar652

dakar652
With my tank done cycling, I decided to invite my first two inhabitants over for a visit (for a small donation) and ordered some Black Ice Snowflake Clownfish on Sunday. Knowing they wouldn't ship until Monday, I spent all day hooking up my Apex and making certain everything was just right for my new friends arrival. I guess this is a reefers version of nesting?

Yesterday I got the word around 5pm their bags were packed and they were headed to the airport. As you can see by their travel itinerary, they had a few stops along the way, but finally made it to the airport in Jacksonville where they're sitting in a box buried beneath a thousand other boxes since about 11pm last night. I woke up this morning to see that their flight was cancelled!!! It's now 7am and still no word as to whether they'll be airborne at anytime soon.

Anyone run into this before?

I'm honestly pretty concerned for their fate...the one upside is that they got stuck in FL and not Boston or somewhere just as cold...hopefully they're holding up ok. I honestly don't care about the money so much as I do about the fish...funny too because I almost waited one more day to order them so they'd arrive on Wednesday because it's supposed to be the warmest day this week. If I had just waited one more day, this probably never would have happened and the fish would be on a truck on the way to my house this time tomorrow.

So where do I go from here? Can I call LiveAquaria and see if they can turn the package around and just resend some other fish so these guys can get sent back to ORA to recoup? Not that I ever could have known this was going to happen, but I feel really bad about having not waited another single day to order.

Attachments

• Tracking_ UPS.pdf
    66.2 KB · Views: 254
Still no word. UPS tracking is still showing them sitting on the tarmac. Poor poor little fishies.

worst feeling, it happened to me once, took an extra day but everything was ok, I hope you and those poor fish have the same outcome

Had it happen last month, we had a warm spell so i ordered some fish. They got stuck like yours for a day an a half and arrived after 3 days in the cold. 3 fish showed life and I was able to keep a gobie alive for a few days but none made it. Live aquaria gave a full refund and I still feel horrible at the stress those fish went through. Wish I had a happy ending to the story

I called live aquaria this morning to see if they could turn the shipment around and ship out in a few days and the girl acted like I was some kind of crazy person for caring about the livestock.

Her: 'Our delivery is showing by the end of the day and it's not the end of the day, yet.'

Me: 'Well I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow'...*click*

it's now 12:30...it's a 2.5-3 hour flight...you REALLY think they're going to be able to deliver tonight before the end of the day? how hard is it to reverse the direction of a package? i didn't even ask for money back or anything, just that they resend when the shipping issue is resolved.

nope...

<--crazy fish guy...sorry for caring

'

You can call UPS and have the package rerouted back to LiveAquarium, but it would certainly be a terrible idea. Your fish appear to be at the Jacksonville airport or on a plane, and they can only be re-routed when they arrive at the next UPS facility, which is very likely going to be in New England in your case. So if you reroute, your fish may arrive in New England and then will be reshipped back to Florida. Moreover, UPS definitely wont send the fish back next day air like they are sending it to you so expect them to be tossed on a train or truck that hopefully gets back to LiveAquaria at the end of the week.

And as to your second question, UPS should have no trouble delivering a package to you tonight if your fish make it on a plane. I really wouldn't worry at this point, especially as there is not much you can do. Good luck!

Hopefully they'll be fine if you get them tomorrow. I've had it happen a few times and usually a good online store puts plenty of extra air and warming/cooling packets in the off change the shipment gets delayed...

still no change in delivery status...not a single update. if ever there were an important 'package' to arrive on time, this would be it. my stomach has been in knots every time i think about those poor little guys...

There is still chance that they will make it if delivered tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipping is always a risky business. I always check the forecast in my location and theirs but there's still the chance of mechanical failure like my last shipment. Luckily it was only inverts and those tend to be alright for a couple of days. LA does a pretty good job of packing so you might be okay.

LMAO...

literally JUST got their bags in the tank water to temp acclimate and cut the bags open to let some air in before the chem acclimate.

this forum is the best. real time fish delivery updates/check ins from fellow members. where else are you going to find that?

IMG_1377[1].JPG

tough little guys, aren't they?!?!

Haha, to be fair, I checked yesterday, and any time I put any tracking number in, my package tracking app saves it. So I got a notification that something was delivered and didn't think I was expecting anything today, then realized I'm a creep and was watching your fish! Glad they're ok, they look gorgeous

Haha, to be fair, I checked yesterday, and any time I put any tracking number in, my package tracking app saves it. So I got a notification that something was delivered and didn't think I was expecting anything today, then realized I'm a creep and was watching your fish! Glad they're ok, they look gorgeous

Lol... that's great!

They're almost ready!

I keep catching them directly under the drip from my tank...I think they're mentally 'over' swimming around in their own waste for the past two days.

IMG_1379[1].JPG

The water from the bag is full of ammonia by now. I’d get them out as fast as possible. Match salinity and take them out of that water.
While the bag is closed the ammonia turns into ammonium that’s non leathal because the ph drops. As soon as ph goes back up after opening the bag the ammonium turns back to ammonia. Also don’t add any ammonia binder like prime or amquel, if there’s copper in the water it becomes toxic

It's allllllll good :D

IMG_1382[1].JPG

i 'drip' acclimated them pretty quickly (more like a mini waterfall)...took about 40 minutes and kept scooping the combined water out of my container to make room for more of my tank water. by the end of it, there was probably very little of their bag water left. I added freshly made saltwater to the tank to compensate for the loss so my ATO wouldn't go bananas and kalk dump. All my levels seem to be ok for the time being and the young couple seem good as can possibly be expected at this point.

Last edited:
Back