Finally Finished My Canopy

pvh

Non-member
For those who saw my tank with it's unfinish canopy here it is with doors. I finally found some time to put the door on. Now I just need to find some time to pain it black. LOL

Not bad for an amature huh?

Attachments

• IMG_1798 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1798 (Large).JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1800 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1800 (Large).JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 458
Looks good Peter! Are you going to put a piece of trim or something on one of the doors so that when they close you don't have that gap down center?

Looking good Peter, do you run a sumpless system?

Yes, I'm running sumpless. I just have a small HOB refugium on the back. No controller or what so ever.

Looks good Peter! Are you going to put a piece of trim or something on one of the doors so that when they close you don't have that gap down center?

Thanks guys. Barry, that's a good idea.

Nice job!

I bet you could get a small piece of molding that would look nice in the center where the doors meet. :)

Should I just get a molding for the center or do the whole canopy? I want to do as little woodwork as possible. Would the molding for the center look good?

Should I just get a molding for the center or do the whole canopy? I want to do as little woodwork as possible. Would the molding for the center look good?

It would look better then the crack. You wouldn't have to get anything fancy, it could be a plain simple flat board.

Yeah, just put a piece of flat board that extends on one of the doors (in back) and then just know that you have to shut that door first all the time.

No biggy.

Nice job Peter,
I would put a little molding across the top and bottom and a thin piece to block the light coming through the crack. Once it is painted it will blend right in with the stand.

Yes, I'm running sumpless. I just have a small HOB refugium on the back. No controller or what so ever

so wheres your skimmer, is it the small one that comes with the HOT fuge you're running?

Do you plan on sexing it up with some trim/paint? Because it looks a little bootleg as it stands right now. And as someone already said, if you do go with some trim you could easily incorporate a lip to close the gap between the doors.

It's good to see Peter has made progress to this point where the glare of his tank lights prior to the doors installed used to light up his next door neighbors yard at night thru his window. I'm sure in time he'll finish it off.

Back