Finnaly broke down and started it up

reefstarter

Non-member
MY CHILLER!!!!!! got this thing beggining of last summer and was going to set it up on my 90 gallon ( which I broke down ) :eek:( should have kept that tank . so I came home last night to find my fish room temp over 80 and opened the window in the basement , turned on my ac . My fan was already running via my reefkeeper . the tank temp was about 80 as well . not that bad I know but since it was not that hot out and already hitting these temps I thought it time to dig the chiller out of storage clean it up , plumb it in and set the reefkeeper to control it between that and my fan it keeps the halides from heating up the tanks too much . when it hits 90-100 outside I'll need to run the ac . just wish it would stay where I programmed it when its powered down then I could have the reefkeeper do that too . anyway watch your temps . Happy reefing

This is the worse time of year for your tank. It is not hot enough for your AC, but the tanks do heat up, especially if you are running MH. I just bought a new chiller, and it should be installed just in time for summer.

Derek

I've floated frozen water bottles on really hot days for years! I'm kinda tired of doing that so I've been looking at chillers the past couple days and so far I can't talk my self into spending that much on one. So I put my A/C in yesterday just for the tank.
Still thinking about buying one, just not sure yet.

Back