Fish lifespan question

Blueflu1

The Acan Reaper!
I have a clownfish (Believe it is a false percula) and a blue devil damsel that I have had for 6-7 years and they are still alive. They survived several tanks, 3 different house moves, and a temp spike while we were moving where the tank got over 90 degrees, killing every invert but those guys and my cardinal survived.

My question is, what is the lifespan for a clown and blue devil damsel. Anyone have any older ones? Just curious how long these guys will be around.

-Rob

I remember reading a thread, not sure which site though, with people saying try a had their clowns for 10+ years....

IIRC clowns can live 20+ yrs. I've had my female perc for a little over 10 yrs, got her in feb 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I thought my clown was getting old. Looks like he might be just getting into his prime. Still curious about my damsel.

I suspect that your "he" is a "she", unless it's been paired for most of those yrs :)

Probably a she. We put in a smaller clown a month or two ago from our nano we broke down. they are never apart now. I assume the smaller fish will change sex if needed.

Back