Flame chasing my Wrasse - will it end?

jimrawr

Non-member
I got a fairy wrasse two days ago, and my flame angel likes to harrass him. I have had the angel about a month now and he was the lone fish in my 30g. Will the flame ever get used to the wrasse and stop bothering him?

Also the wrasse has not eaten yet.. when should I be concerned? Ive tried Mysis and Flake but he didnt like either. Going to try Brine tomorrow I guess

My guess is not. I have had a similar problem in the past. THe fairy wrasse just hid because anytime he came out he was harassed.

HTH
Scott

Your best shot is removing the flame for a couple weeks and then re introduce it into the display and possibly move some rocks around befroe reintroduction. You should see if anyone near you has a 20 or so gallon tank that you could use for a couple weeks. Really would just need a heater and some small powerheads. Use a little live rock from the display and do small frequent water changes. I had to do this just about everytime I introduced a new fairy wrasse and it worked every time.

i spent 3 hours with someone who has been in this hobby for many years hunting down a flame angel... we pretty much tore apart the tank and finally got him. good luck catching him. i would suggest building up your arsenal of tools to get the little guy..

Thanks. What about feeding? When should I start to worrying if he isnt eating yet. Its been 2 days now..

They should last 7 days without food easily. Beyond that it's hard to say, depends on the fish's condition to begin with, whether he can find a morsel of something here and there, etc.

Back