flat worm exit

J

jokersplayground

Could I use it and not have use carbon? Or do I have to use carbon?

When those buggers died, they release toxin, which deadly to critters. I have a friend who lost all fishes bc of this. I'll say run carbon is a must.

Thanks. I'm gunna try and go the natural way. I'm ordering a wrasse and the nudi that eats them

i used Salifert flatworm exit after wrasses failed to eradicate it. I left my powerhead on and caught the floaters as they died. Once the die off was done I did a 25% water change and ran carbon. No more flatworms since, stuff works as advertised.

My 40 breeder was loaded with these before I upgrade/moved most livestock to my 95. Knock on wood, but I believe my tank is clear of these little buggers now. Here's what I did...

During move I put all coral and rock into temp holding tank that I then dosed with FW exit. I then gave each piece a good rinse in a bucket of old sw and then put them in my new 95g. I did not have any of my fish in the temp holding tank, so there was no worries about toxins affecting them and therefore no need for me to run carbon either.

After I was done I could still see some fw's on the pieces I put in my new tank, however I never dosed the new tank. I believe my leopard wrasse may possibly have picked off the remainder of then, or maybe they just died off naturally??

So I guess your solution is... upgrade to a bigger tank! ;-P

Back