Flat Worm Issue

afsportsguy000

Non-member
So,

I waited until it was to late and flatworms have completely covered everything. Thousands lol,

I need the best advice on what to do, I have flatworm exit, I used it on my other tank and it went well however not nearly as many. What do I need to do so I dont kill everything in my tank with the toxins. I do not have a GFO and I have never used Carbon and I assume I will need to set something up

I also started to get bad hair algae, What do I do to fix that?

Thanks,

You need to suction out as many of them as you can before you dose any Flatworm Exit (or anything similar). As you mentioned, the toxins when they die will hose your tank.

Suck as much as you can out, maybe over a couple days, have new water and carbon ready (in a reactor ideally), and then add the exit. Suck out the dying worms as well as you can. Make sure to have filter socks/etc. in place. Do your water change when you think you've gotten as much as you can.

Also make sure you does enough to kill them all, or you'll be right back where you started.

ETA - Not sure what the GFO would help with in regards to dosing the Flatworm Exit. If it were me, with my dual reactor, I'd take out the GFO canister, so just the carbon was being used, and turn the feed pump up some.

I would take individual rocks out and dip them same, with corals,

I think with the rock u can do a fw dip but I am not 100% sure...............but Mr X is correct get as many out before u nuke the tank

don't run carbon or gfo.take out the airline on your skimmer but keep it running.right before u go to bed,dose flatworm exit and in the morning run new clean carbon only.Shiphon out as much of th fW as u can.If u run carbon during the treatment then it kinda defeats the purpose cause it will orbsord the meds.

forgot to mention that u want to do a 30% water change too in the morning.Repeat the treatment again after 7 days

Back