Flatworm life cycle

Reefer508

BRS Member
I hadn't added anything to my tanks in a awhile untill FFM, but today I spotted 2 flatworms. I had dipped all frags before going in tank and didn't notice anything drop off so my guess is there was some eggs on one of the frags. From what I'm reading, eggs to hatch is about 11 days, right amount of time. I'm also reading that it's around 35 days before they can start laying eggs. I'm going to do a Flatworm Exit treatment Friday.
Any thoughts on multiple treatments?
I don't think they will have matured yet to lay eggs, but still may do 2nd dose next week to be on safe side.

I acquired them as well but before ffm and I had a bad case. I’ve done 2 treatments with flatworm exit. The first very successful used the product as advertised in the directions. The second time not so much they were not affected by the flatworm exit I at least doubled the dose as well and only a few small ones came loose.

I’ve now upgraded my tank after ffm as nothing fit so I grabbed a yellow coris wrasse. He has been fantastic non stop picking at them. He even made a mess of the sand on top of a coral while picking at something, and he went back and cleaned up his mess one piece of sand at a time. I was amazed and couldn’t get my kids over to watch quick enough to learn an important lesson of cleaning up after yourself lol.

Long story short I’ve done multiple doses including the second being a high dose and had no ill effects just the commonly reported “drunk” bristle stars but they are fine after the fact. Good luck let me know if you need anything always willing to help!

Last edited:
Back