Florida Pets

GinaD

Very Happy Red Sox Reefer
Since I'm a member and have posted an add on my webpage, and get the discounts, I can share the members-only page with specials to anyone wanting to pool their order with me.
They have a good deal on pods, etc.

Check here for all their stock:
www.floridapets.com

Here's the member's only page:
http://floridapets.tripod.com/members_only_page.htm

This is my first organized pooled order, so if anyone has done this before and could give me some "what not to do's" that would be greatly appreciated!

FYI: I do have a Pay Pal account.

LOL! Not sure yet. Depends on what the interest is. I'm planning to give it to the end of the week to make a decision on when to place order and when payment is due.

The discounts we will receive from our total order is approximately 20% - not including the dicounted items on the Members Only page.

There's also a discount if you're a member of one of the clubs they sponsor, but I'm only a forum member of seahorse.org.

Last edited:
I will be wanting a few things, and I can pm you the list and pay pal the money plus 3% for the pay pal charge but i dont know how you would like to work out cost of the shipping. John

As far as the shipping goes, I'll just wait until everyone orders and split the cost evenly between everyone (including me).

I live in N. Chelmsford and work in Burlington across from the mall off of Middlesex Tpk. Pickups can be at either location.

Last edited:
I'd also be interested in some stuff. I'll keep an eye out to see if you are going to order, or e-mail me when you decide.

Anyone who is interested in ordering should either a) list their order here on the thread, or b) email me their order via PM.

I'm interested in: 5-Microstars
10-Nassarius Vibex
6-Virgin Nerite Snails
1lb Keys Live Sand
1 Portion of Pods
1 Colony of Lime Green Polyps

I will post an update on how we will have to place our orders in a moment.
It's not what I had planned, but it's what we will have to do. Don't worry, we're still getting the 20% discount.

In order to get a 20% discount we must follow Florida Pet’s instructions (see below).
I can organize the groups by your location. So you’ll just need to let me know where you are located. Also, I have an email into John to ask if some of these can be shipped to my address if no one in a certain group can accept shipments on the day of delivery to make it easier for you.

So far we only have 7 people interested so we're just talking about 2 or 3 separate shipments.
Here's John's contact info at Florida Pets:

[email protected]
Call toll FREE: 1-866-241-9897

According to John at Florida Pets:
We must limit the number of orders shipped together to keep shipping costs as low as possible. The
heavier the box the more it will cost and the more likely it is to get damaged. Please feel free to post this. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

We will ship 3 or four orders together to save on shipping. Everyone must e-mail us their orders individually. If three or four people are going in together, the orders must state the receiver of the order. The person who receives the box of orders will be charged the shipping charges for the orders going to their house. John, Betty and Mary will only be charged for their items total with the discount. They will have to pay their share of the shipping to the receiver of their order.

To get in on the 20% discount and combine orders for shipping, members must e-mail their orders to us by Tuesday April 25th. The 20% discount does not apply to sale items and cannot be combined with any other discounts offered.

Last edited:
Gina-
I'll e-mail John direct as per the instructions. If their is a shipment going to Wakefield I can PU there. I'm close by in Lynnfield.

Do we know where the delivery sites are going to be at this point? I'm in Brookline and wondering if there are others close by?

Lurchin said:
Do we know where the delivery sites are going to be at this point? I'm in Brookline and wondering if there are others close by?

Yes, where are the delivery sites going to be, is that still up in the air? If close to us, we might also be interested.

Dave & Gina, The closest - so far - to you is Wakefield. Is that ok for pickup?

Lurchin said:

So far, I think I'm the closest - working in Burlington. If your order is able to be shipped with the rest of ours then is that close enough, or should we wait to see if someone else closer to you will be ordering?

GinaD said:
Dave & Gina, The closest - so far - to you is Wakefield. Is that ok for pickup?

That would be fine. We'll keep an eye on the site in the next couple of days. We checked it out a couple of days ago, but they were out of a couple of things we were interested in. So, the deadline is the 25th to email him an order? Do you know the payment info yet? Each person pays through paypal separately? When payment has to be sent, etc.? Do you have any idea what the shipping may end up being for each person? I think we might only get a couple of things so we want to make sure that it will still be worth it with the shipping cost. Thanks Gina!!

By the way, great name!;)

Burlington works for me. So is this a go? I just email him my list by the 25th. Do we pay him directly? Who should I put down as the receiver of the order? And last question, when does it arrive/when can I pick up (OK, 2 questions:) )?

Back