Follow up to Sanjay's talk

According to Daniel at luminarc the mini is ideal for 2x2 coverage, so 2 would be perfect for a 120 (or at least they better be as mine are in the mail :) ).

The link I posted earlier is for the mfg, I don't know if you can find a discounted price elsewhere?

Hey John let me know how you like them when you get them in. I am still debating moguls or hqi. I want to try out the de phoenix 14k's. Did you order the ones with the black casing? or just the reflector? Im guessing that just buying reflectors would be best since most would run some kind of actinic and to do a nice retro, need a damn canopy.

I ordered the DE ones with the black shells. The dimensions are the same as the regular SE mini's.

I surely will post my impressions when I get them. Also, I will be running the pheonix 14K's in them for starters.

I was very happy with the set up I had, but Sanjay got me thinking about effiency and not just massive PAR with pleasant color.

In all honesty, I'm considering this an experiment. I figure if I don't like them as much as I'm hoping I will, I should be able to sell them and get back most of what I paid.

Currently I'm running 2x250 DE pheonix 14K + 1x150 DE 10K + 2x110 VHO actinic. With the 3 MH lamps, I found that I could barely notice the VHO's so I stopped running them. I'm hoping that the more efficient reflectors will get a bit more out of the 2x250's and that alone will be enough. If not I can keep the 150 10K.

I'll update when I get the luminarcs next wk.

jk

Back