Frag tank set up recommendation

mason90

Non-member
So Im doing a 54 frag set up and am wondering the best way to get the water aspect of it gong... I have a 90 reef and could use 50% water from that tank and 50% new would that help establish the tank? And also I plan on using very little live rock, is the care of this tank going to be much different than my reef? Doing same set up sump with skimmer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks mason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is plumbed into my main system. I did this so as to only maintain one volume of water. I tee'd off my return to feed the frag tank and the frag tank drains in to my fuge.

+1 with Danny.

If you can plumb into ur main system, it will save a lot of headache, work and $? Less equipment to setup/maintain and more water volume which is equal to more water chemistry stabilty.

Higor

I would love to be able to do that my biggest issue is my sump is already to small and having an issue with the stand on the tank I want to re do my whole main tank but being in an apt it's not the easiest to do so because my skimmer isn't working well because it is external and the stand sagging on the floor is screwing it up I wanted to wait till I moved to fix it because you pretty much have to move the whole tank to fix the problem so I might just upgrade idk any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back