Freshwater dip question

chuck

why why why
I know that a freshwater dip will supposedly get a mantis out of a rock...

will it kill feather dusters and Christmas trees???

I have got to get rid of this mantis, and it does not want to go in the trap

just exposing the rock to air worked for me. he crawled out looking for water. FW dip will probably kill the dusters and trees

I would put the rock slightly out of the water above another container fo saltwater. I think FW dip could be harmful to the dusters & trees.

whats the mantis look like? A keeper?

All right dave, I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how I posted twice, and with different words :mad: ;)

ROFLMFAO I thought you had also posted twice LOL

ok, so how long would I have to have the rock out of water to be effective, I just don't want to kill everything else on it.

The mantis is TINY, he is red... I would love to keep him in a nano... but I don't have the space, unless someone knows someone who wants to take a bunch of Freshwater fish LOL

However, as far as I know it is spoken for by Mr Moray if I can ever get the little bugger out.

Only took a minute for me. You could use a baister yo blow the water out of his hole to speed things up.

You complained I hadn't "stolen" your avatar:)

I think it would be pretty quick. I think even if it was left out of the water for 10-15 minutes it would be OK
The Xmas trees & dusters will just retract in to their "homes"

Hey Dave, off topic question, how do you put in an avatar, everything I have tried seems to not work

Flighty, thanks for the info... time to go Mantis hunting LOL

Chuck,go to user cp(at the top of the page and their should be a link to Avatar.

We're looking for a mantis. My boyfriend is setting up a little 6 gallon mantis condo as we speak. DO you still have him? If he survives, you're welcome to come by and visit anytime you want! :)

We'll come pick him up if you're not too far away. We're in Southern NH.

Thanks a bunch!
Melody~

What about a high salinity (1.035 - 1.040) dip? When I ordered my lr the instructions that came with it stated to dip for 1 minute in high salinity water to rid of mantis. Has anyone else heard of this?

Tammie

Back