Frogspawn is falling off branch?

amixam98

Non-member
It looks like my frogspawn is slowing detaching away from teh branch? Anything I can do to make sure it doesn't fall off? I think I lost my other two heads this way.

Search RC for polyp extrusion.

Quote from the link below: "Coral polyp extrusion is a novel form of asexual reproduction in numerous taxa of corals. It is unusual in that the polyp tissue flows out of the corallite- eventually the connection to the parent colony is severed, creating a daughter colony. This behavior is most common in members of the Family Faviidae, but it has been documented in fourteen genera in seven families." This is the link to the above page:
http://www.bchs.uh.edu/~coralreef/Eric's%20pages/Coral%20Polyp%20Extrusion/Intro.html

HTH
Steve

Amixam, do you mean the polyp is detaching from the skeleton underneath or the skeleton is actually breaking free with a polyp attached?

I'm asking because i've had three branching frogspawn polyps just detach and fall right out of the skeleton, but still alive and expanding.

Thanks, Patrick

PHreef said:
Amixam, do you mean the polyp is detaching from the skeleton underneath or the skeleton is actually breaking free with a polyp attached?

I'm asking because i've had three branching frogspawn polyps just detach and fall right out of the skeleton, but still alive and expanding.

Thanks, Patrick

Its breaking free with the polyp attached.

Back