Fuge manufacturing and sources.

stevertr

stevertr
After much reading I'm going to set up a fuge under my tank.
I've got room for a 10 gallon tank to slide right into the spot.

Looking for some help from you guys.

Unless someone wants to donate/sell me a 10g fuge...I'm just planning on picking up a 10g at the lfs and working from there.

I need a couple of things...

Pardon in advance the stupid questions....

I need to cut a plexiglass baffle. I'm sure I can get a piece of plexi at Home Depot. How does one cut the stuff?? Razor? Skill saw?

Do I need three chambers or just a small place for the pump and then the big end for my chaeto?

Lastly...I'm going to set this up using 1/2" black PVC pipe. I'm going to try and hang the feed and return lines 10 inches down into the inside of the tank, and drill a hole an inch down from the top as a safety vacuum break.

In my vision....the pvc feed and return lines go up the inside, and are held in place by suction cups. then go over the edge, and hang down the back, where they terminate in a hose adaptor that I can run my lines off of.

I know that's a very simple thing....I'm just wondering if anyone has any suppliers that I could just fax a drawing to and have it show up in my mail. I'm just buried with work right now...

If nobody has such a recommendation for someone who can build it....can you give me a lead on where I can order the parts? I know home depot has PVC pipe...but good luck finding "suction cups." I just need a "one stop shopping gig.

Thanks all.

Steve

Steve, are you setting up a fuge or a sump?? Are you setting up a sump with a fuge compartment?? Still need an overflow and return pump. Did you get my pm??

wrassefan said:
Steve, are you setting up a fuge or a sump?? Are you setting up a sump with a fuge compartment?? Still need an overflow and return pump. Did you get my pm??
Same here Call me if you like I will be happy to help.

wrassefan said:

I bought the remora that hangs on the back for a skimmer...so I was going to set up a fuge underneath to finish off the water and provide some yummy treats.

Maybe you can look at the design ??

Thanks Andy..

Steve

You'll need an overflow box to do this. You can't just siphon water out of the display tank with a PVC pipe. It'll just drain the tank, much faster than the return pump fills it.

This is simple to set up, but check your design with one or more people to make sure it makes sense before buying/building stuff.

Nate

Back