green tree smoking?

dad300

Non-member
I picked up a green tree yesterday... I just turned the light on and it has fallen from where i placed it. (i was going to move it any way) But the tree is smoking? do I need to be concerned or is this just a reaction to the change in tanks?

I think you are ok Kevin. Just a reaction like anything else being handled/stressed.

~Flighty~ said:
I would suggest smoking the xenia rather than the green tree.
LOL, they are a nuisance, damn things grow like a weed. I'm beggining to think they're worse than bryopsis

dedfish said:
Damn! Is there something I'm missing here? I need to get me some xenia!
dedfish, I have 2, 3-4" clumps (pulsing xenia) and I'll let you have one for $5. Next meeting?

Last edited:
xenia is a weed and difficult to maintain to the extent they could easily grow in undesirable areas and get out of control.

JAWs...thanks. I actually have a good sized piece. I'm not sure it's the kind that does anything when smoked though. :)

dedfish said:
JAWs...thanks. I actually have a good sized piece. I'm not sure it's the kind that does anything when smoked though. :)
We may never find out, but I"ll pass on being the guinea pig though, I have enough bad habits;)

Kevin, sorry to steal your thread. Your tree will be fine as Eric mentioned. They just get sensitive once in a while. I had one that would do that, especially if the pesky crabs decided they wanted to play tarzan on it.

its doing fine... I've moved it more times than I'd like today. fell over and off a couple times.... Now its wedged near to where I wanted it so it will stay there. I'm desperately trying not to keep moving stuff around all day.. so no hands in the tank for me for the rest of the week... unless something looks like its on its way out.

I have a green tree and it is remarkably hardy. It has bounced back from some sketchy situations. What variety is it do you know?

I got it from Yaktop. it looks like the screaming green tree of Gregs. Under actinics its the brightest Green I've ever seen. it almost glows. wicked, wicked cool.

Back