GS Marroon

niakon22

Reefer
Hey guys finally my clown is hosting in my bta... the questionsis now.. if i was to get another maroon clown.. wat are teh chances they will get along.. the one i have now is about 2 inches..... let me know wat yall think

If you add another one they will very quickly either pair up or fight to one or both's death.

Maroons are super fiesty clowns, pairing them up can be scary to say the least, but it can be done. If you decide to try, you'll need to get a tiny one for the new one, like .75" . That way they are very different in size so the dominance gets worked out fast, otherwise they will beat each other to death.

I paired mine up about 5 yrs ago and they are still doing fine, but that was one very disturbing night. It's hard watching a 2.5" girl thrashing a little .75" baby, but by morning they were happily hanging out together in the anemone.

^^^ What Jimmy said.

Or you could get your clown out for a day or so and then introduce them both back at the same time.

Yea, then again I bet whatever you do will get real ugly before it gets cute...

lets say this.. i decide to go with nuttin but marron fish and anenomes...say if i get 3 more so ill have a total of 4.. will that be to crazy.. will they fight... becuae i heard taht if you bought all 4 at once. they would be fine

NO! You'll have one dominant clown and 2-3 dead ones.

Occasionally it's possible to have two pairs (of different types) of clowns in one tank, but that's rare and generally requires a large tank, a lot of anemones and a lot of luck. Add to that, maroons are one of the most aggressive clowns. Just don't try it.

Clowns DO NOT live in groups. Sometimes you see pics of dozens of babies together, but that doesn't last.

"i heard taht if you bought all 4 at once. they would be fine"
I would strongly suggest not taking any advice from whoever told you that. That is advice coming from someone who has no idea what they are talking about, or someone who is happy to see fish die so they can sell more.

Edit; FWIW, I'm in no way trying to flame you here, just trying to help.

Back