hand swelling

dad300

Non-member
I was checking out my zoas. they seem to be receding. :( When I got stung by something. I had pulled up the smallest rock they were on to get a visual. I think I brushed up against my green tree. and of course a couple of the zoas were split when I moved the rock. Are there any other things I should be keeping an eye out for... Just in case something serious is going on.

I've already taken a antihistamine...

no hallucinations yet either..

If anything on your hand starts to look like it's brused,please go to the hospital.

antihistamine will not work in these case.

what kind of zoos are those? I suggest you go to hospital NOW. Some zoos are more toxic than poisonous snake.

I'm ok.. the antihistamine worked to reduce the swelling. And I have had no other symptoms. I think its time to get some gloves. I can still see where whatever it was that stung me... stung me. but no cuts in the skin and no real discoloration... I'll keep an eye on it.
The zoas are what concerned me... but they weren't my palythoas so I don't think that the venom was as powerful. Either way I'm still here...:)

I have gotton stung may times and usually I get a very itchy rash that sort of looks like poison ivy for about two weeks.

Don't wait go to your Dr. or the hospital. I had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago and wound up getting what they call, Cellulitis, which is a bacterial infection that can travel anywhere. It is not good. If you start getting a real bad headache, the sweats, very high fever, you must go asap..... Like I said don't wait!!!!

Good Luck

The itchy rash-poison ivy thing is probably from contact with bristleworms when moving stuff around. Some people will get localized swelling at the point of contact as well.

I love bristle worms! :p

Bristleworms were my thought also. I've been tearing (fragging) :eek: zoos all this week with no ill effect. This is not to say that some folks may have a hypersensitivity to them, the same way some have to bee stings etc.. But, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was a bristleworm.

Localised imediate swelling I wouldn't wory about- maybe take an antihistamine and try not to itch it.
Swelling that continues to get worse or starts several hours or days after the injury-go to the doctor
Swelling with feaver or red streaks on skin- get to the hospital right away
Even the slightest hint of breathing problems, call 911 immediately

Back