Hanna Low range Phosphate Meter

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
I talked to Hanna to see if they could give a discount on a pooled buy and they said I would need to order at least 25 to get any discount. They did not say what the discount would be but I could call back if still interested. Before I call back I want to see if I could even come close to selling 25. If I can I will then call find the discount and set up the pooled buy.

This is the unit i was interested in:
http://www.hannainst.com/usa/prods2.cfm?ProdCode=HI 93717&id=009001001

So anyone interested?

Yeah the kit is usually around 250 and just the unit is with out the carrying kit is around 200

Yeah thinking about it knowing the discount will help I will call tomorow. It might be hard to get 25 sold through just BRS I think I am going to post this in a few places. If anyone knows anywhere that some people might want one let me know. Hannas headquarters are In RI maybe I could pick the units up and save shipping just an idea I will need to talk to them.

if the gal from Hanna calls you back, ask her about BRASS...she won't return MY calls :D

lol the sales department asked me to call them back with any questions i called on Sunday bu they are not open. i am calling back Monday.

Just thought I would throw this out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-MI412...0?hash=item3ee9edb339&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

You can get a phosphate meter with 100 tests for 185.00 shipped. You can also get 8% off with the Bing Cash back so you are around 170.00.

Not sure how this compares to the hanna meter, but they are 171.00 with no regents on eBay also.

I was going to pick one up when they had the 25% cash back deal but never did. I kick myself now for missing it.

John

how does the milwaukee compare to the hanna maybe call milwaukee to see if they will do a group buy?????

I'd be interested in the Hanna or Milwaukee meter, depending on price. Then again, if this is me gets one, he can just swing by ANYTIME I feel like checking my phosphates. ;)

Do people check/care that much about them, or just another toy to add to the arsenal? I know I havnt been in the hobby that long, but once your tank is established does it vary that much? People say they dont check there No2,No3,Nh3 that often, What happens in an established system that would cause Phos to rise/change? Oh, Im out.

Thanks Derek

Phosphates inhibits the growth of SPS corals and most test kits aren't very accurate. I think i read some where that they should be keep at >.02ppm and the lowest on my test is .03ppm, So I wanted one because I want a SPS dominated tank with some LPS.

I called Hanna today and they said they would send me a price. They also said they would try and work with me on the price and they wanted to help out a fellow Rhode Islander :) (there headquarters are in RI). So hopefully they give us a good price

Last edited:
Well said. Someone, who has a Hanna meter, told me a few months ago not to bother getting one. But I think it's a good thing to have on hand.

Back