Happy to be here

mak060

Reluctant Zoa Collector
Hello all:

I recently retired early from my job to be a stay-at-home dad for my 3.5-year-old son. In the 80s I kept a marine tank, which consisted of cycles of buy and die. I returned to freshwater. A few years ago I again looked into marine, happy to see the hobby had advanced be leaps and bounds. There was much more conscientiousness for reef conservation. I worked up to a 215 Oceanic by Mar 08:

215032208.jpg

Since Mar 08 I have completely taken this tank down (which means it is for sale), and am working on a slightly longer tank with more width. I have everything in 90 gallon and smaller tanks. Meanwhile, my collection has expanded via online purchases, eBay (yikes), new sellers in various states, and more LFS's. I spend a lot ot time on R2R, but am looking forward to more time here. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and gals.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
welcome u had amazing tank cant wait to see what the new one looks like
lots of info and goodies on this site as well

Welcome to the BRS. Tons of useful info on here and you can often find deals on used equipment. Happy to have ya and make yourself at home

Welcome I liked the natural look of the macro algae on the left side... Can't wait to see the new bigger tank...

Thanks all. You all sound like a friendly group. I'd post a pic of the new tank, but it would just be a cardboard- and cellophane-wrapped box sitting on a pallet in the living room. Been that way for months! My son keeps me busier than I thought. Soon I'll post a few pics of nice buys from local stores. Thanks again.

I just want to congratulate you on putting the family first. On people's deathbeds, they won't be saying "I wish I had spent more time in the office."

Thanks everybody. I'm glad to belong to a club where I can eventually get to know people on a one on one basis. I like most any type of invertebrate, especially coral, but am becoming more and more interested in really small things that grow on live rock (sponges, clove polyps, and unidentifiable things) and fish. Pretty much hooked, I guess.

Last edited:
Back