Has anyone used a ceramic filter for a quarantine tank?

It would be nice if there was a way to incorporate a quarantine tank into the main system. I wouldn't have to maintain an entirely separate system with its own auto top off and parameter testing, etc.

The key to incorporating a quarantine into the main system seems to be cleansing the return line from the quarantine to the main system. UV sterilizers seem iffy on the larger pathogens like ich. A fine micron bag could catch the bigger stuff that the UV sterilizer can't -- say something like a 5 micron bag would intercept the free-floating stage of ich.

* What I really want to know is if anyone has tried rigging one of these ceramic filters on the return line of a quarantine tank? It seems if I could do this, it would be a neat solution to the problem.

https://www.waterfiltersfast.com/Berkey-9-inch-Imperial-Ceramic-Replacement-Filter_p_12330.html

These gravity filters have a ceramic outer shell and a carbon inner shell. They claim to be able to intercept nearly everything and they seem to be popular among backwoods campers that have to filter stream water to drink while camping.

Of course, this doesn't work if prophylactically medicating every fish, but I am not planning to do that. I prefer to treat only if there are symptoms.

Thoughts?

Back