has anyone used?

My buddy used it a few times. Worked good but then didn't work anmore. My opinion, cyano is a strain of bacteria and like other bacterias can become immune to chemical treatment. Maybe look into the cause. Too many nutrients, too much light, bad lights, not enough flow. Things like that.

I used it a couple of times with success and another time it crashed my system. I probably wont use it again after the crash.I would try kicking up the water changes and the flow first.

I have used it but you need to find the root of the problem or Red slime will just come back.

i have used it many times and it always worked great.
just follow directions and make sure you shut off skimmer at first and do the water change as directed.

has any one use chemiclean red slime remover
I did. But never in my tank. I removed one rock with polyps and put it in a bucket overnight with a power head and heater. Polyps and a snail were fine the next day.
I rinsed it before throwing it back in the tank.

Do you guys think I need to aerate the tank with a air stone like it says and what about the carbon

Honestly, dont use any chemicals. Reduce your nutrients and vacum the red stuff. It will go away on its own if you reduce all the crap in the water.

And yes, you need to aereate if you use it. There is a good reason, I jsut cant remember but you can find it online.

so just vacum the slime and replace the water lost what about the slime on the corals should i blow it off with a turkey baster and will the slime harm the corals

so just vacum the slime and replace the water lost what about the slime on the corals should i blow it off with a turkey baster and will the slime harm the corals

Vacum, do water changes, feed less and blow it off the corals.
You could place one coral in a bucket with the chemical. Start with one and see how it goes. If it lives, place a couple more the next day. But you need to address the issue or it will just come back.

What I did with the polyps was: take water out of the tank during a water change, put a heater and a power head, and threw the polyps infront of the power head overnight.

I didnt have what you have. I had some brown crap growing on that one rock of polyps.

Then I rinsed them in a separate bucket with tank water so I wouldnt get any chemicals in the tank.

Last edited:
has any one use chemiclean red slime remover

I have used it before with no issues. However it does not solve the problem . I had kinda the same issue. Tank was fine and one day bam red slime!!. My issue was the skimmer was not working 100%. Fwiw before you add anything try cranking up the skimmer, do more water changes, rinse your food, and be patient . This too shall pass ..

Back