Heads up - Possible Power Outages

Do you have a power inverter?
I've got a UPS that runs a powerhead for an hour, then I'll pull the car battery from my car, hook it to the inverter and run the powerhead. Lasts about 14 hrs. When that battery drains, I'll steal the one from my wife's car :eek:

I just purchased a 700 watt marine inverter, I'm going attach it to my truck and run the truck as long as needed. I should be able to run a heater and my Mag 7 return pump, but after reading Marc's post on Mags I'm about to make a trial run.

Jim

Jim check the heater also ...Last outage I couldn't get my heat to run good on my inverter. It was hot to the touch when lifted out but when in the tank NG. I'm guessing inverter quality? half wave vs square wave vs true sine wave?

power outage here is unlikely. but definitely satellite tv will be off. time to catch up with my netflix!

I don't have a generator either. I picked up the battery operated air pump and boosted the heat in my place to 75 since it's electric (Damn it's hot). Other than that, I'll have to put blankets over the tank and cross my fingers.

got extra batteries for the air pumps...

have back ups 1000 on the tank and have the air pump plugged into them... can get about 3 hours out of the ups's..then when that die the pumps turn on...

how long should they run for?

Getting bad in Marshfield...Dry tiny snowflakes. And' lots of them. Not so much "bad" but the kind you just feel that there is a lot more to come.

Fireplace is going + a couple candles. One of the worst parts of a power outage is when it 1st happens & you can't see anything.
Fireplace is keeping the house at 72, I added a fan to the passive heating system built into the bricks, working real nice. I'm going to have to mount permanent fans in out of sight.
I actually turned the heat up to 73 just to circulate the water...hasn't been on since this morning
Cell phones charged up, UPS all charged, battery bubblers ready

1-2' & up to 3' South of Boston

I just found enough snow on my bed to make a snowball. I still have my AC in and the wind is pushing the snow through the tiniest of cracks. Made a mini snow drift on my bed. :D

News said there are 4' drifts in Boston as snow blows thru the buildings

I'm in the 30" range on the forecast map
Why couldn't this be a weekday??

Back