Heating issue anyone?

vinny

BRS Member
I know that is a challenge for nano tanks to keep their cool in the hot summer months. My 30 gallon breeder looks great one day and slowly going into siesta time the next. My house is running a.c. and I have the cover open on the top with a large fan constantly blowing trying to keep it cool down. I'll post pics later. My rainbow bubble tip nem split and now it wondering around and I think it's from the high heat.

How high has the temp been hitting, and yes my system has been creeping up lately too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can float a bag with ice to drop the temp a bit but if your ac isn't cutting it you might need a chiller

It reached in the mid to high 80's

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I now your right I used to float bags in ther or small water bottles.

You using T5? I switched my DT and frag tank from led to T5 and now dealing with the heat also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APC_0064.jpg
I have a 30 gallon and the fan has been working for me.

I have a clip on fan from job lot blowing across the surface of my sump when my temp touches 79 and it works great.

I put an a.c. in the fish room, last summer my fw tanks hit 85, not risking that again. Room is 70, 29 dt is 78

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Normal sea temperature is like 82/83
I wouldn't sweat it too much
I run mine at 79

It's a jebo from amazon. I think it was $17 and I have it on my controller to turn on when temp hits 78.6. Constantly on and off all day long.

I broke down and finally bought a chiller after last year's heatwave massacered most of my SPS.
The main problem for me was my split system, sump in the basment and display in the living room.
My living room temp was controlled down to 68 with a windo a/c, but my basement's ambient temp would often hit 80.

Best of luck!

Problem solved I'm running this window fan on low keeping everything cool from wiring to lighting, top to bottom.
22781b7bb540fbed182c3e60f1cc506c.jpg
1c436720f93677bef9c721f5ded245ca.jpg

Back