Help a noob ID some living tank junk?

Herbanomics

Non-member
I have had this tank up and running for about a month now. I know that it's a peak time to start seeing a bunch of stuff growing that you didn't know was there. Problem is I don't even know what is growing in my tank other than aptasia. I got all my sand and rock live from a local reefer. The only things that popped out at first was aptasia and a snail. Now, a month later, I am noticing a diatom bloom. I used tap water for my initial fill with salt mix, so I am unsure if and how this will go away. I heard this was a good thing to notice, but I am worried because I have had 2 fish (Royal Gramm, and a Scooter Blenny)in for two weeks already before this outbreak. I've been feeding them defrosted brine shrimp as well as a few flakes. Green hair algae seems to be growing pretty fast out of nowhere. Now across from the aptasia I see what looks to me like a miniature sea cucumber. Its a tiny worm like thing that is white with little stringy feathers coming out of the tip, that instantly retract when it senses movement. Last but not least, little white transparent nodes on one piece of rock. Looks like a pile of hot glue and some are growing out in multiple directions. The more you can identify the better. I'm new to the hobby and still have little to no experience dealing with all this. Help is greatly appreciated.

Weird Thing VVV
iv9t0l.jpg
4j5j6q.jpg
28hnat2.jpg

Pic1 aptasia and tube worms get rid of the aptasia and the tube worms are filter feeders they are fine. Pic2 pineapple sponges they are filter feeders good thing to have. Pic3 hair algae check your water parameters mostly phosphates and nitrates.

I have those same things you do in the middle pic, I am curious. I have never really seen them move either. I also have another weird thing that sticks out of the sand halfinch, covered in sand with 2 long clear things that grab sand and make a mound around it

3rd pic..if that algae is fernlike with branches its bryopsis. and is a pain to get rid of. i have defeated it by plucking it out and raising mag to 1600 for an extended amount of time(2 months) but i cant tell by the pic, so do a search on "bryopsis" and see if it matches

Back