Help on cementing live rock

Terry Martin

BRS Member
I have a bare bottom tank with a 30 inch snowflake eel. I have difficulty keeping the rock work from getting moved and the front rocks getting pushed against the glass at the front of the tank. I'm trying to glue small pieces of live rock to the bottom of the tank at the front to keep the rocks from getting jostled forward. I cut the bottom of the live rock with a frag saw to create a flat surface. I tried Nyos cement but it just dissolved in the tank. So I tried PC11 2-part marine epoxy both with superglue and without. It worked better but not great. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

maybe marco rock cement I have even heard of people using regilar cement

I've heard good things about the tunze instant coral gum 2 part epoxy. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems different from other epoxy products on the market

I've heard good things about the tunze instant coral gum 2 part epoxy. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems different from other epoxy products on the market
I use that for fragging and attaching corals to rock work and like it for that but it's quite weak. It has always failed me for attaching rocks together and I tried it on the live rock on glass before with no success.

I just used this and it’s great. Very simple and very cheap. Just make sure the active ingredient in the super glue is cyanoacrylate. Only one that’s reef safe

Back