HELP! red bug on acropora

Budget_Reef

Non-member
The new tri color acro that I bought online has red bug... after close inspection there are two red bugs and worry that it will cause a whole colony. I know the dog medication helps but was wondering if any less social and easier methods would work due to the current advice to self quarantine

The new tri color acro that I bought online has red bug... after close inspection there are two red bugs and worry that it will cause a whole colony. I know the dog medication helps but was wondering if any less social and easier methods would work due to the current advice to self quarantine

thats rough

Yeah interceptor is your best bet if it’s already in the tank. It’s super easy but hard to get a hold of it you don’t have a dog. If you get caught in a pinch I have some on hand you can have.

Turns out I have a dog medication for similar uses with the same chemical should I use that as an alternative?

I’m not sure I have only used interceptor. I’d give it a google search see if anyone had used it.

Can it be removed from tank to dip? I use bayer insect killer on ALL sps, I can meet you and give you more than enough to dip a few times. Let me know if I can help you out

I removed it and am currently treating it with the dog medicine if it does not work I may Be in contact with you in the next few days luckily it isnt a big colony and I only got it today so I dont believe there are any eggs

Okay cool. Good luck with the treatment. If you get stuck I’ll come meet up with you and we’ll win the war

Back