Help troubleshooting JBJ ATO

ebattistoni

Non-member
I picked up a used JBJ ATO. I set it up in my bio cube. Sensor 1 in the back of the tank, sensor 2 in the water refill. And set it on mode A. The sensors I cannot get to work consistently. The water level will drop and in theory the sensor kicks the pump on.

When I came home, the red light was on, and my chamber at minimum level from evaporation. :(

I tried testing to see if the issue was the sensor so I traded the ports. Same deal. The red light would click on, but the pump doesn't. I had to click either sensor on and off a couple times to get the pump to kick in (brand new toms aqualifter). Do you think it's the actual unit or the sensors themselves? What are the chances both are inconsistent. Anyone have this issue with JBJ's? And how'd you fix it. The warranty is out since I bought it used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your running both sensors they need to be in mode B. I have both in sump with each one at a different level. when sensor A comes on the pump will not come on till sensor B calls for it. Its almost like a fail safe mode.
If your running in made A then only 1 sensor will actuate pump.

I ran it in A mode but when the sensor gets triggered it doesn't turn on the pump on every time- it's hit and miss. The indicator light stays on even when it clearly needs to add water and only sometimes triggers the pump to turn on. The sensors are clean and Nothing is getting in the way.

I also tried the A mode option with one sensor at the max level in the tank. And the max level in the top off. That doesn't seem to work either. I switched sensors to see if one is faulty but they both only trigger half of the time. (Following the instructions in the manual)

I can't fit both sensors in the chamber for the min and max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back