Help with feeding a Jeweled Moray Eel

MiamiPete

Non-member
Fellow reefers....need some help asap! I've got an jeweled moral eel that hasn't eaten in about a week. I try to feed him religiously, but he won't take any food. I've used silversides (1 1/2-2 inches) whole and in half, previously frozen squid, mysis shrimp and even live minnows. He isn't going for anything. I'm using both a feeder stick and trying to float things by him. He'll go towards them, then stops. I even put the silversides right by his mouth....help!

Let me add a couple things. I bought him from a reefer on here who says he eats. Also, he's about 14" long or so, and still moves around healthily.

honestly Pete, I used to own a snowflake eel and he refused to eat at all wen I first put him in. What I did however was put a goldfish in there for him and due to the color and the garlic drops I added it spiked his hunger up and devoured it (it's not the healthiest option as in there aren't much nutrients but it entices his eating regime in the new tank). From there move on to other live (more nutritious) fish and then to dead silversides but keep using the garlic since it is healthy for him.

Best of luck and my Snowflake eel lived fro years reaching almost 2 feet this way.

Back