Help with rockflower anemone

Chlorinated

Non-member
Hi All,

Purchased this rockflower at the last show. Looked great for a few weeks then started to lift up and show its mouth. It doesn't lay flat like it should. It almost looks like it's turning inside out.

20230115_095508.jpg

The red one to the right I got from All Things Aquatic 2 weeks ago and looks as it should.

Is this a flow issue? Just in general not happy? I can move it if needed.

Thanks!

something is irritating the rock flower anemone and could be a worm or some sort in the sand under its foot.
I will remove him from the sand and let it attaches to a rock.

Upvote 0
are you spot feeding? Any predators nipping?
I don't spot feed, but it gets leftover pellets almost daily from fish feeding. And no predators that I can think of. Even my evil clows are on the other side of the tank and I never see them near the nem.

something is irritating the rock flower anemone and could be a worm or some sort in the sand under its foot.
I will remove him from the sand and let it attaches to a rock.
I moved him to another spot in the tank. Away from all other corals and lowest flow possible. Can't think of a safer place for him. Even dug a hole in the sand to plant the foot in.

My understanding was even though they are call rockflowers they actually prefer a sandy bottom. Is that incorrect or is it all situational?

Upvote 0
Back