Help!

t1771

Non-member
My Naso tang wasn't looking too good this morning. As most of you know he wasn't eating for a while and then all of a sudden he wiped out all my cheato? he must have been starving!! anyway, he was kind of just floating around this morning and usually he is aggressively swimming. Does anyone have any suggestions or macro they are looking to get rid of?? i think he needs to eat!!!!

If he'll eat chaeto I've got plenty you can have Tiffany. When's the last time you saw him eat? Have you tried feeding him Nori sheets (japanese sushi wrapping). You can get it at most grocery stores. Get the unseasoned kind. I've also got some of that if you want it.

How big is your Naso?

Nate

i would suggest you may want to try and get this fish on it's natural diet which consists mainly of brown algae.

i also have chaeto available to tie him over if you happen to be down the south shore. ;)

I have a ton of cheato and also some red bushy and a little bit of brown flat leefy stuff. I do have red cotton candy pest alge in my tank though, so I don't know if that would be a problem. You can have all the macro you can carry if you can come pick it up. There is easilly enough to fill a 5g bucket as I've been lax in my trimming.

We live not to far from you.

Hi Nate, the last time I saw him eat was Monday. Yes i have tried Nori, but he will not touch it. I even tried placing a few different pieces around the tank in case he was scared of the other fish. Still nothing. Nate could I get some of that chaeto? He must love urs since he ate the big bunch you gave me last time! I have to make a trip to AA in the mornign for some water, would you be home then?
the Naso is about 3 and a half inches, maybe 4.

Hey Cindy, at this point I don't even care if i get red cotton candy algae from ur macro! I just want him to eat. If you will be home tomorrow morning i can swing bye after Nate's and AA. It wont hurt to try a variety of algae.

I think it would be a good idea. I can harvest as much of the different types as I can. If you are just going to nates for cheato, I really have more than the fish could eat in a month.

Awesome Cindy! Thank you sooo much. Well Nate it looks like I can just go to Cindy's for everything..thanks anyway though!
Any ideas how I can get him to eat the macro without the other fish bugging him? I was thinking of putting a screen in the tank, I did this when i had a baby maroon clown, but the naso is much bigger and i don't want him to freak out if he is enclosed.

Cindy could you pm me with directions to your house. or email them to me
tgentile at statestreet dot com
gentile dot tiffany at comcast dot net

ya,,just looked ya up. fund accounting heh..what account you on?
i run a support group that services report recovery efforts for IS/IIS.

It isn't too tall, Maybe 4 inches and 1/2 inch wide.

Unfortunately, I just went down to see how much I have and it looks like the cheato was shading that stuff and it hasn't grown. I'll post a pic of what I do have in a minute.

yah I'm an FA in Nuveen. I was in Sunamerica for over a year and switched a month ago. Not too sure which manager is listed my new or old one.
I received an offer today from JP Morgan so I think I am going over there to work... not 100% sure yet though.

Cindy, I will take whatever you can give, as for the chaeto i can always get it from Nate I'm sure.

We have the most of the last type and enough for a serious taste test of the others. Once you get him eating different stuff he might try nori.

Attachments

• macro.JPG
    macro.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 175
The Naso has died. :(
Weird thing is he doesn't look very skinny, actually he doesn't look skinny at all. So I don't know what's happened. But thank you for all the algae offers, I really appreciated it!

Tiff

Back