Help

Maineline

BRS Member
Building a stand for my new 180 Aqueon reef ready tank . Do not have the tank yet but was wondering if anybody could give me the locations of the 2 back overflows . From edge of tank in and how wide each of them are so I can make sure nothing is in the way.

Thanks

Dont know how your building your stand, if your placing a piece of plywood ontop you will need to drill out 2 holes or 1 big one to fit both out and in lines. The megaflows ar not in the corners like the old days. They are on the back about 5in from the sides. If I recall they measure 10.5" X 5.5". As long as you are using 2x4's or 2x6's you will have enough clearence for the bulkheads.
upload_2017-12-28_19-36-28.png

Thanks so much do you kwo
Dont know how your building your stand, if your placing a piece of plywood ontop you will need to drill out 2 holes or 1 big one to fit both out and in lines. The megaflows ar not in the corners like the old days. They are on the back about 5in from the sides. If I recall they measure 10.5" X 5.5". As long as you are using 2x4's or 2x6's you will have enough clearence for the bulkheads. View attachment 145705

Thanks so much do you know how far in from ends worried about hitting middle supports. trying to leave opening for 34" wide sump

I believe they are about 5in from the sides. I dont have the exact measurement. Look at this video. Its for a 210 but its the same as for the 180. A 210 is just taller. You dont have to make the holes that big. Maybe this will give you an idea of what you need to do.

Back