How big does a hairy shroom get?

KAS

Always learning
I've had a pair of hairy mushrooms (Rhodactis) since last December. They were the standard 2" size and have been slowly growing to 4". In the last month or so they've gone wild, 6.5 iinches now. There's no sign of splitting or budding. Borneman says some species can grow to 12 inches. Has anyone experienced such rapid growth? They've been in the same location the whole time. FWIW, the growth spurt started when I restored CO2 after maybe a month of empty tank. Everything improved, but the rhodactis are in heaven.

Attachments

• 0412051927HairyShroom2.jpg
    0412051927HairyShroom2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 233
dont know how big they get but the ones i had kept splitting moving spreading to other rocks mine had to be about 4 inches with no signs of slowing

I had one that also grew from about 4" to maybe 6-8". It didn't make the move to the new house/tank a year ago

I gave one to Gustavo that was just 2 inches across in my tank. He says it has opened twice that now. I have just one in the corner of my tank, on the sand, and it is about 5 inches across. Nice green with flourescent tips. Looks like an anemone! I too heard that if in optimal conditions, they could get as big as a small carpet. Reaching 12 inches in size!

umm mine was the size of a dinner plate so very closeto the 12 inch mark the one that is in the cellar tank takes up 3 rocks and when inflated is bigger than the one up stairs LOL

Back