how do I control my t'5

willray

Division Champs
Thought I would be able to interrupt the wires somewear and put some switchs on my lights maybe even timers(4 t5's with icecapp 660)
But NO! So I called Icecap and they also said no also. must be a reasonable way.even if I only control one light I would be happy.

Bill, just get a heavy duty digi timer from Home Depot. It will turn it off and on and you can use it manually also. That is how most of us do it.

Are you trying to interrupt the wires between the ballast and the bulbs? I don't think that's a possibility. (maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent though).

Just do as Andy says and control the power cord to the ballast.

Sounds like he's trying to control individual lamps, which is as stated a no go on the 660.

marco67 said:
Sounds like he's trying to control individual lamps, which is as stated a no go on the 660.
Bill, if that is what you are trying to do...then what Marc says is true. No, you can't do that. YOu need to buy another ballast.

Switches can be installed, but only before the ballasts and lamps. So in effect you can have a switch to turn on and off your ballast, but not the individual lamps.

timers I have.But I was hoping to control individual lamps after the ballast.Thats what I was referring to.
'Cause I had three timers for 4 lamps b4.I liked it, corals liked, inverts liked it and the fish liked it.Thought it would be to stressfull for the tank going to full brightness all of a suuden when it was not used to it.Plus varying the intensity sees and is much mor natural.Got a glimps of something in a mag today that will increase(start cycle) and decrease(end cycle) for a period of one hour.

Back