How to catch a purple lobster?

twiddledog

Non-member
I have a purple lobster in my tank that I am trying to catch. I have tried using a long thin glass jar with silversides in it with a string attached to yank it up when he goes in. Almost worked..he definitely wants to go in there for the food. But he is fast.

Anyone have any ideas?

The person with the idea that works can him if they want!

+1 on the Acclimate. I have one, and it works everytime. I just caught a damsel with it the othernight. I do it like fishing, just for sport. Once you get one you can use it to acclimate your fish, and to purchase, and transport them.
GoodLuck Derek

Purple Lobster

I have the jar on its side right up to the cave the he hides in. He has walked in but he is fast.

What is acclimate? Is it a trap?

wow the Acclimate is looking good, I'm going to have get one. thanks guys

A purple lobster trap?

Attachments

• Lobster trap.jpg
    Lobster trap.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 235
LOL...Love the purple Loster trap!!!

I am trying to catch him because I have a feeling he has ben terrorizing the other fish. I have had a blue chromie and a orange spotted goby go missing and my blue tang was missing his back fin one day...he later died.
I had no problems for a.most 2 years..then the fish and fins started to disappear...

Still have not been able to catch him

I work at it every night...he is getting very smart...almost got him a couple times but he is real fast.
I may have to get an acclimator..but kinda pricey.

When I upgraded my tank, the lobster -- named Pinchy -- now lives in my fuge. Some feeder fish accidently ended up in there and their numbers are falling. He gets them when they are sleeping. He almost got my naked clown but she got away somehow. Saw the claw marks on her back! She went after him constantly after that -- she was very mad at him! Acclimate is worth every penny -- I use mine all of the time. They ARE very fast!

"When I upgraded my tank, the lobster -- named Pinchy"

Whoa,way too much like the Simpson's episode.lol

Back