How to frag a Colt Coral?

Srpera

Non-member
I have a Colt Coral that I am thinking of fragging into smaller pieces. Has anyone any experience fragging this particular coral? How about remounting the frags?

To frag my colt I make straight cuts through it on the branch, just like most leathers. Then to attach it I will put a rubberband on it just tight enough to hold it down. If it is too tight it will just cut through the coral over the next couple of days. You could also use a wooden toothpick to hold it into place, or a combo of both a toothpick and rubberband. I always put the frags in a very low flow area so that it will want to attach. Make sure you do this in a bowl outside the tank, because they put out a lot of slime.

Good luck.

I haven't had colts for a couple of years, but when I did frag them, I would just Krazy Glue (gel) the selected piece to a dry rock and place in light current for a couple of days. They do slime when working with them, but I would pat dry with a paper towel the end I was glueing just before attaching. I had an 85% to 90% success rate using this method.

I also have fraged colt coral buy using a straight razor blade and cutting it at branch intersections then crazy glued it to some small rock! its pretty easy id have to say! :)

Back