How to improve sps color

No definitive way. It comes down to you and the way you run your tank. Find the balance that gives you corals a healthy tissue and growth the rest will follow. I look for tissue texture, and leading edge growth and then color and polyp extension are indicators not tell tails of health for me.

YMMV

it is Giesemann 21000k. I think I need to change the metal halide bulbs soon. the T5s are just couple months. I noted that there are two pacific colors of corals off green and red. it may something to do with the bulbs. I may wait for couple months after these bulbs changed to see if colors improved. and also do more water change.

I've heard this mostly from http://www.melevsreef.com/taxonomy/term/218/all - this isn't to say that running carbon in a reactor isn't effective. It's VERY effective. I'm only saying that maybe it is too effective over too short a period of time to be a reliable / stable filtration method.

Thanks! From my research there's many opinions and variables it seems that determine the life of carbon. I've been running mine for a month, it's probably time to change it! :X

Back