How/Where to get 50gals of good water

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
Anyone know any good water kiosk's arround the Watertown area? I need to fill up my 40breeder and don' yet have a RO system. I have 6 5gal buckets and as long as it's close by I don't mind making multiple trips.

Ray...how about a NSW delivery? :)

I'd love NSW if someone would deliver it. *hint* *hint* Ray if your reading this. :)

There is no Walmart nearby. The only water kiosk I know of is at the Home Depot parking lot in Watertown, but the information posted says nothing about RO so I don't trust it.

I'd test (with a TDS) any "retail" RO before using it.

If you want, I'm in Marlboro, and could give you 15 gallons per day. No problems.

Actually, I could make your water in one day. You just need to figure out how to get it from my 40 gallon barrels to your home.

Yeah, if you could test the water at HD it might be a good bet. If you want to do a water road trip I can give you 30 gallons at any time . . . but I'm not all that close to Watertown.

How about NRW (from the charles) ;)

There's a "Pure Water" kiosk at Wellington Circle behind the Duncan Donuts. It's $0.25/gallon. Not too far from Watertown.

I'm hoping not to have to drive all over the place. I have to fix my plumbing and drive to NH tomorrow to pick up my rock. I am thinking about just using tap water to mix a temp batch of water to cycle the rock with in a rubermaid. I can't imagine that the tap water would cause that much problem during the cycle with little light. What do you all think?

IMHO...that is the worst time to use nutrient rich water. You never know what is on the rock, ready to jump at you when it gets fed. Then again, I'll be the first to admit, that I'm "aways the newbie"

Each time I cycled my tanks (3 different tanks, not new cycles), I got hair algae, diatoms, and once, red slime. While cycling, the die off will cause enough nutrients to hit the water. This is what causes those pesky "new tank syndrome" blooms. If you add to that, with nutrient rich water, you could cause a big problem.

Last edited:
I agree with David. If you're going to NH anyways you could buy RODI water at AA for $1 per 5g, or stop by here and I'll give you some.

I didn't have any problem doing the rubbermaid thing with tap water. I think with uncured rock, the nutrients from cycling will be so much higher than anything tap water could add. Just watch out for copper, but one batch of tap shouldn't hurt anything in my opinion.

hm... it's been a couple of years since I've driven down Moody st. But I believe there is one next to/ on the side of a Lil'Peach
maybe around 500 Moody St or so?

I've never used it or checked it out personally, so I'm not sure specifics.

-Mike

Back