Where to get Clean Up Crew?

Alex Bonanno

BRS Member
I need to replenish my clean-up crew since it’s been 6 years since I purchased any snails/crabs. Any vendor recommendations? Looking to purchase a variety of inverts.

If you can wait a little till the weather improves reefcleaners.org. They are definitely one of the cheapest around and they ship priority mail when it’s warmer so shipping is cheap. I ordered from them once so far and my package got delayed a day so I lost a few snails but they reimbursed all that didn’t make it. And they are the only place I know that sells pitho crabs which are supposed to be bubble algae beasts.

Another one I have yet to try but have heard good things and are on the cheaper side is addictivereefkeeping.com. The one that jumped out to me was the peppermint shrimp deals 10 for $49.99.

I’m all about supporting lfs’ but for cleanup crew it just doesn’t make sense to go that route unfortunately.

Saltwateraquarium.com - highest quality and best packaging I’ve ever received. Used reefcleaners.org for years, but have had several low quality orders with lots of die off in the past couple of years.

Where to get? Locally and/or quarantined. Best choice for the best treatment and care of the animals. Huge step in long term success of your system. Pay more and shop quality over price. Well worth it.

A quarantine facility by design is far more motivated to put in place the practices to care for animals properly and provide a healthy product than quick turnover "invert pack" website or the "we get our stuff in on Tuesdays" store.

Back