How/Why Did you get into the reefing hobby? And ewhere are you at now?

Like many others, I started with fresh water tanks.... I grew up a farmer, raising "critters" came natural.. I've had as many as 12 tanks at once....after better than 50 years of keeping planted fresh water tanks and ornamental ponds, I felt it was time to "move up" to salt water to add even more diversity to my collection... I currently have "only" 3 set ups.. a mixed reef( soft coral dominant) 75 gallon tank.. a 20 gallon sea horse tank a 65 gallon planted fresh water community tank and a 20' X 15' goldfish pond ... but I can't agree with the statement that you don't get attached to our "wet" pets.... I cry ( not really but I feel awful)when I loose a fish or coral....

I had fresh water tanks my whole life and a friend got me into a 45 gallon reef tank back in 2011 or so. It went from that to a 125 gallon reef and now a 150 gallon reef. Mostly LPS and Softies with a few SPS. Still trying to get my tank figured out and keep the nitrates down along with the right Cal n Alk, but seem to be getting better every year. Hopefully be upgrading to a 180 gallon I have by next year.

Started with freshwater about 23 years ago, started reading this site i think back in 2009 because i loved the marketplace on here, and got into reading, and browsing member tanks.
Moved to a beach village a few years back, got the urge to start a 20g locally collected tank since it was all right there. B from UA would toss me some comments on starting a tank since i was always there for freshwater related things over the years. 1-2 months later, and after talking, meeting some really nice member that 20g turned into a reef tank. Few months after that i started a 27g cube. Year later a 60g cube, with the 27g cube, and other tanks. At this point it has taken me over, and sparked a whole new interest in aquaria as i was getting bored with freshwater related aquaria.

I'm not sure if i would of gone through the advancements of motivation if it weren't for BRS, it's members, and local shop owners. My goal is to stop moving one day, and go large.
The moving is what has me stopped at a 60g for size.

Ya....Just kidding Greg is a big fan of the Durso. I guess I should start a new thread for this but I'm installing a Bean also I just can't see any reason for a valve on the emergency or open channel lines am I missing something?

I have no idea on plumbing. Would have to spend many nights reading and learning about it. Probably good to start another thread for discussion. :)

Started out when I was ten years old in 1972. Caught some crawfish in the stream in Waverly Oaks in Waltham. Brought them home and my dad set up a 10 gallon tank. We feed them live tetras. They'd sit there with their claws up and open and pick them off. My mom thought it was sadistic entertainment. Had various small fresh water tanks until I saw my friends saltwater fish only tank in 1999. Got a fish only salt tank, then corals a few years later and never looked back. So I've been at this for 43 years!

Ya....Just kidding Greg is a big fan of the Durso. I guess I should start a new thread for this but I'm installing a Bean also I just can't see any reason for a valve on the emergency or open channel lines am I missing something?
Any Chance you want to share how you started out reefing?

Back