How's everybody enjoying VBmobile so far?

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Incase some of you weren't aware one of the big changes during the last upgrade was he implementation of VBmobile. Greg (delta) and JayM worked tirelessly to upgrade the site last week and took the time to install VBmobile. The upgrades aren't totally finished but I'm really liking this upgrade so far :-D

I for one never liked tapatalk especially since you had to pay for it but even if it was free I would never use it. So this VBmobile is great! I used to browse the forums in the full site mode and it took a little bit. But this VBmobile is so much better. And VBmobile offers many more perks over tapatalk.

So if you haven't tried VBmobile yet give it a shot. It takes a little getting used to where hints are but I've only been using it for a few days and I'm still finding cool things about it :cool:

how do you get it? do you have to download it? I came up empty in the android market when I typed in VBmobile.

You just type in www.bostonreefers.org in your normal phone's web browser and it should be all set...

It works like some of the major websites where it takes you to the mobile site first and then you can choose the full site option at the bottom of the page...

If you log onto the site via a mobile browser it should be the VB mobile style. If it is not scroll to the bottom of the page, where the contact us link is, on the left hand side of that bar you can change the style to the mobile style on the phone. But it should default to it.

What is part of the site right now is VB mobile style which gives access to the entire site blogs, article, notices, albums and the forum. It is much more comprehensive than tapatalk and works much like the full site does.

VBmobile is an actual App for Iphone and Android phones that is not part of the BRS site.

Last edited:
oh ok... I was thinking that since it was being compared to tapatalk that is was some kind of app for BRS. I'll have to check it out. Figures I just bought tapatalk last month and am just figuring it all out!

The best thing I like about it so far on my IPhone is I do not have to expand the screen to see everything. I can easily read everything on the screen when it comes up. At first I thought I would miss having the full version of the forum to look at, but I am good with it now after the break-in period.

the mobile style is WAY better for these old eyes when browsing on my phone....nice work (again) Greg!

i love the vbm stuff. Works great on android, makes it easier to mobile browse.

Cant thank these guys enough for the work they have been putting in. Great update!!!

Def much easier to read... Didn't even think of that positive!

I can't find where to download this for my IPhone?

Don`t have to Download anything. All it is is a better formatted view of the website for mobile viewing. If you go to bostonreefers.org on your I phone by default the mobile version of the site will pop up now. Hope this helps Though its already been discussed in this thread.

-Owen

The only thing I don't like is when I click on a thread the banner shows first. I don't know if I am viewing things the wrong way, but that is kind of annoying. I like the look, and the navigation is easy. Keep up the good work.

Derek if you click on the left little blue mark on the right of the lists of threads it brings you to the newest posts...

And on a side note while stuck at the RMV I'm in a 4G area and I like VBmobile even more now :-D

The only thing I don't like is when I click on a thread the banner shows first. I don't know if I am viewing things the wrong way, but that is kind of annoying. I like the look, and the navigation is easy. Keep up the good work.

is it not moving? I had that issue with mobile Firefox if I didn't scroll all the way up before scrolling down it would separate the notice, stickies and threads.The notice would stay and the threads would scroll at the bottom.

I have no issues with the standard Android browser

And yes Dave it screams on 4G

Back