I am a meathead

KyleinCT

Non-member
I was winterizing the boat right next to the basement window, fogging the engine, which if you have done it, it creates lots of putrid exhaust.

I had a window, right by the engine, open 2". It filled the fish area with exhaust, so much so that both the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors were going off. My wife alerted me to the problem. I cleared the area with fans and now am running lots of carbon.

Everything is open and doesn't look stressed. All except for a green milli that has about a 2" RTN section on it, and a plug of the same in another tank that went poof. I am hoping these two are just wicked sensitive.

I guess time will tell what happens. If I ever need an excuse to get out of the hobby, this may be it.

Hi, welcome to the club. I am the Grand Poohbah of the Meat Heads -NorthEast chapter .
We meet once a month....unless we forget........cuz we're all meat heads.....

At least you're stuff didnt die. :D

Everyone has screwed up in their reef tank ownership at one time or another. Here's hoping your tank does OK. I'd skim wet, do carbon, and aerate the crap out of everything, do a quick WC, then keep your fingers crossed

Rapid tissue necrosis....it's when the flesh peels off the skeleton leaving it white. Watching it happen is like a stomach bug making you wnat to vomit.

So far, so good. Just that one green milli. Everything remains open with polyps extended.

I smoked out the area, but caught my error in say 20 minutes time. I hope that helps.

Any idea how frequently I should change the carbon?

Rapid tissue necrosis....it's when the flesh peels off the skeleton leaving it white. Watching it happen is like a stomach bug making you wnat to vomit.

So far, so good. Just that one green milli. Everything remains open with polyps extended.

I smoked out the area, but caught my error in say 20 minutes time. I hope that helps.

Any idea how frequently I should change the carbon?

Probably over the next day...Maybe a couple days after that...& then in a week... than you should be fine...

Back