I finally made my water changes easier

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
After years of siphoning water into 5 gal buckets and pre making salt water in the other 5 gal buckets I was able to get a 55 gal food grade container to premix my salt water. I got the 55 gal barrel from a member here, a python hose and a nice deal on a pump. I just attach the python hose to the rim of the tank and the pump in the basement draws the water into the drain by the washer. When all is drained it's a matter of closing the drain valve and power on the 55 gal salt water pump. I can do two 90 gal tanks in 1/2 hr and no mess to clean up afterwards. It's all a matter of time money wise to be able to make the hobby easier to enjoy. Next is a calc reactor, looking into some DIY plans. The the only expense is buying a C02 tank, used with gages.

got a good friend that builds them cheap...got a pic or 2 of his system if u have an email.pm me if u wanna see them.very nice for diy..still have 2-18" pieces of 4"tubing

I just may do that. I've built a few refugiums, skimmers, fish traps, light brackets out of acrylic and enjoy the DIY satisfaction of the build. The plans I've put together in a Word doc is from RC made rectangular rather than 2 cylinders and looks fairly easy but always takes a bit longer for the first one so not to screw it up once the Weld on 3 takes hold. Take a quick l@@k.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144438&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Back