I killed them all.

Square face, I just wedged myself under my tank stand and double checked both my primary and secondary heaters in tribute to your experience! Found I had wedged the dial on my secondary when moving the return pump around a while back, and the temp dial was all the way in cold position. Fixed it! Just a backup heater, but glad your story made me double check it! :.

can i ask, were did you get the rock wall.

I made the walls myself. I did it with Portland White Cement and crushed corals. If you want to build it for your tank, just buy the crushed corals. I'll give you the cement and help you build it. Anyone interested, let me know.

Last edited:
Square face, I just wedged myself under my tank stand and double checked both my primary and secondary heaters in tribute to your experience! Found I had wedged the dial on my secondary when moving the return pump around a while back, and the temp dial was all the way in cold position. Fixed it! Just a backup heater, but glad your story made me double check it! :.

I'm glad you found that before something happened. No one should go through getting home from a vacation and finding the animals you love so much dead.

Oh my god. This is a crushing story. Thanks for having the courage to share it.

So sorry for all your losses. Good luck rebuilding.

Square face im going to take you up on that offer. im realy busy for the next couple of weeks but will let you know and well try to set up on a weekend. thanks scott

I am very sorry for your loss!!! This shows how much of a true passion you have to keep going. Your a true role model. Thanks for the tips. Anyway I can help let me know. I don't have sps to offer but if you plan on any lps I'll spare you some

That sucks man. Sorry for your loss. If you are ever near Methuen or feel like driving by here let me know, I'll give you a few frags.

I am very sorry for your loss!!! This shows how much of a true passion you have to keep going. Your a true role model. Thanks for the tips. Anyway I can help let me know. I don't have sps to offer but if you plan on any lps I'll spare you some

I'm sure my tank will look good with LPS too. Thanks for offering it.

That sucks man. Sorry for your loss. If you are ever near Methuen or feel like driving by here let me know, I'll give you a few frags.

I'll defenetelly take the drive. Not only for the frags you are offering but to make a new friend. I'll plan to drive there and try to arrange with you. Thanks.

It's being overwhelming the response from the Boston Reefers to the trajedy that happened to my tank. I was so discouraged at looking to my "rock and water" tank. Because there was nothing else on it. And I thought that it would take so many years to be able to make it look good again. But, with all the help I'm getting it will take much less than that. Yesterday my tank saw life again. Dong gave me a bunch of frags to start. So many others are offering some frags too. I want to thank Dong, Overlook reef, jdeb101, PSU4ME, Jamesdong009, Nemodan, RefKeppee1699, FishMakeBroke and others. When I first started reef keeping, LED reef gave the first frags to my tank. It's nice to point to a grown colony and remember that that colony started as a gift from a friend. This tank will be special and I'll aways remember the help I am receiving now from my fellow reefers.

It's being overwhelming the response from the Boston Reefers to the trajedy that happened to my tank. I was so discouraged at looking to my "rock and water" tank. Because there was nothing else on it. And I thought that it would take so many years to be able to make it look good again. But, with all the help I'm getting it will take much less than that. Yesterday my tank saw life again. Dong gave me a bunch of frags to start. So many others are offering some frags too. I want to thank Dong, Overlook reef, jdeb101, PSU4ME, Jamesdong009, Nemodan, RefKeppee1699, FishMakeBroke and others. When I first started reef keeping, LED reef gave the first frags to my tank. It's nice to point to a grown colony and remember that that colony started as a gift from a friend. This tank will be special and I'll aways remember the help I am receiving now from my fellow reefers.

I am glad we can help. This tank will mean more to you than the last one. It will be made with the help from everyone here. If I can help in any other way, please let me know. I would have been devistated if I went through what you did, and I know I would love the help from some fellow reefers to get it back to being a tank I love.

I know exactly how that feels, except that everything in my tank cooked while I was away. I'll gladly donate frags if you're ever up this way

Back