I need help finding live rock.

Ajr0605

BRS Member
Hello, does anyone know where to buy good live rock-covered coralline algae? I am looking for a branch piece and a few other rocks. If you know anywhere please tell me.
Thanks,
Andrew Richards
505-569-9776

Hello, does anyone know where to buy good live rock-covered coralline algae? I am looking for a branch piece and a few other rocks. If you know anywhere please tell me.
Thanks,
Andrew Richards
505-569-9776

I believe tropical island in Framingham Massachusetts. it has live rock Covered in Purple Coralline. I was there a probably a month two months ago. They do have beautiful purple rock submerge in saltwater. Look them up on Google it’s called (tropical island) in Framingham Massachusetts

I believe tropical island in Framingham Massachusetts. it has live rock Covered in Purple Coralline. I was there a probably a month two months ago. They do have beautiful purple rock submerge in saltwater. Look them up on Google it’s called (tropical island) in Framingham Massachusetts
It’s called Tropic Isle**

If you have a large budget, there's a guy in NY that sells Australian live rock.
It's $25 per lb, but the rock looks amazing.

uniquecorals.com occasionally has Australian live rock for sale, which matches what you're looking for - but they are on the West Coast. www.uniquecorals.com

I have some all sizes I am trying to offload. It comes with RBTA attached to it! I will take whatever you want to give for it as I just want to thin down one of my tanks liverock.

Looks like the rock has been treated to look like coralline encrusted. You can get this rock online in multiple places.

Uh, as much as I like Tropic Isle, the owner told me it was painted purple. Now that was about a year ago, just a month after the move into the bigger space, but he did admit that.

Just ask first: is this real coralline or paint?

That said, Love The Reef always has nice rocks

Not a large number of pounds, I am looking to recreate/take inspiration from this aquascape. I am thinking maybe 3-5 pounds.
I believe what they’re using is actually “CaribSea Life Rock,” so the rocks are just painted pink / purple. Notice in the build thread you linked that there are no lights above the rock bins - no light, no coralline algae. You can find similar looking arches and branches at Love The Reef as I know they carry the CaribSea rock

Back